basically, anyone reading this knows that tumblr + studying = difficult. we’re all procrastinators. so i thought i’d share my favorite ways to crack down, not suck, and make it through finals week. you’ll need
- this or this. it’ll whip your ass into gear. you name a list of websites that distract you, set a timer, and bam. no more hour long study breaks. the best - or worst - part is, it can’t be undone by the application, by deleting the application, or by restarting the computer. you just gotta wait, and if you’re going to wait, you may as well study.
- goals. when you sit down to study, write down everything you’re going to do. then do it. aimlessly staring at your books won’t do shit.
- something to listen to. i suggest movie scores, song covers by the vitamin string quartet, or white noise.
- a queue. if you’re really obsessed with keeping your blog up to date, set aside some time, fatten up your queue, and let your blog run itself for a few days.
- breaks. during your breaks, dance, run around, work out, go for a walk, talk to your friends, call your mom. going back on the internet is an easy way to get out of the mood, so i wouldn’t suggest it.
- tea and coffee - if not for the caffeine, then for the feeling of cozying up with your text books and feeling studious.
- a place to study. it doesn’t matter if it’s in a coffee house, a library, or your kitchen table. as long as your bed’s not in sight and tempting you into a nap, you’re good.
that’s all i’ve got. i’d try to think of more, but that, my friends, would be procrastinating. off to study.
It’s that time of the semester again, final times, so I will be taking a hiatus until December 19th. Too much work… all the work Dx
Now to go work on an English paper
it’s that time of the year [finals week] and so here is a post of useful things via myself and my mom who is a teacher !!
I will never stop begging the gods for Cece, Jess, and Winston to have a girls’ night in.
24 Day Studio Ghibli Challenge: Day 7 → A Home
Howl’s Moving Castle. It’s the perfect home. It’s beautiful, able to fly, go anywhere, and it remains unfound. You could live where you wanted to without having the trouble of actually moving your things from one place to another; your house moves there instead! The thing about living in a moving castle with a wizard is if you need more room; bam! You have it. Its walls are damaged? It’s fixed. It’s a 5 star home, really.
tsuritama makes me very, very happy! i was a bit embarrassed for a while at just how radically it affects my mood, but the more tsuritama fans i talk to the more i realise how normal a reaction this is. if something from the soundtrack comes up when my musics on shuffle ill be immediately in a wonderful mood before ive even realised what im listening to. a couple of months ago i downloaded an audio file for tumblr user pearlahighost of every time haru says yukis name, forgot it was still in my library, and even when that suddenly blasted terrifyingly out on shuffle i was cheered up, despite the fact id just jumped so badly that my heart rate had skyrocketed in panic (which i imagine is a common yuki experience tbh).